Monday, January 2, 2012

How to Lose Weight in 1 day.

                           
          Happy 2012 readers!! Shesh, I didn't blog since last year lolz but I shall change that =P. Now what about New Year's Resolutions? I know that quite a few of us would have planned to lose some weight this year, if not all. But how do we go about this tedious, almost impossible task? If I knew, I would perhaps be in the best shape of my life, but since I'm not, therefore I don't completely know, I can just share with you my knowledge of what I do know lolz. And what I do know is that no matter your body type, no matter how skinny you are, you will always feel like crap when watching a Victoria's Secret model =/ <----Truth.


           Now diets and exercise routines are for the strong willed and determined, which is by far a description of myself. If you are like me, then you are the kind of person that wants to lose weight, you want to be able to look good in your custom closet but you aren't fully determined to venture into one of those strict diets because you love the taste of food so much.You are probably to lazy to exercise everyday, and can't stay away from high calorie treats and you've considered liposuction but due to its high cost and horrible side effects, you're still the size you are.
           Now if you want to jump aboard the weight loss train this year, I bet the easiest way to do it is to become determined to lose weight and dedicate yourself to weight loss regimes. I've always been seen as fat by everyone, yet that isn't enough to inspire me to lose weight, what works for me however is clothes. A bathing suit perhaps?
374659_260272920697454_203278573063556_780378_1538799528_n_large

         If I buy a nice outfit, I would be inspired to lose weight to fit in it, but how often does one get to wear a nice outfit? Not always, thus I'm always putting back on the weight. So different people would be inspired differently, whether its by today's fashion of by the cruel comments of others or maybe by the health risks you are imposing on your own body, you tell yourself that you need to lose weight. So when I talked about my fashion choices leading me to lose weight, an example would be the saree I bought for my cousin's wedding. 


As you can see, much of the midsection is exposed. And well since I'm such a lazy bum, there was solely one question on my mind- How to Lose Weight in 1 day
            So I pretty much had two weeks to slim down and I decided to go on a fiber diet. So in my brilliant mind, I reasoned that fiber allows for healthy bowel movement so it's like a natural laxative and that it  is one of those foods which take long to digest so I'll be fuller for longer. Also that it requires more calories to digest than it actually stores, so I'd also be burning calories at the same time. Genius! I said to myself and I ventured on this fibre diet along with fruits and lean meats. However on the third day, after a bowl of oatmeal followed by a granola bar, I was feeling barf-ish with all the grains and it's blandish taste. After a few more days I continued my fibre diet, desperate for a flat tummy and then I read that carbs such as grains actually blow you up and well I stopped automatically as the wedding was quite close. However I feel like I've lost a little weight, but in reality this dumb idea has brought no relevant change to my weight, NONE!
              Admittedly, I must say, much to my avail, that this wasn't my first dumb idea I've had on my eager path to lose weight. When I was younger, I faced weight issues much like today but mainly by my own  family, so I had tried some dumb things back then. Well I've tried exercise but I would only exercise for like 15 minutes a day which obviously wasn't enough. Some years after that I reasoned that we exercise to burn fat, so what if there was another heat source besides thine own muscles that can be used to burn fat? And well that led me to picking up the blow dryer and trying to melt my belly fat with that; it seemed brilliant until my skin started to become really hot and I felt like I was deliberately burning myself when it got too hot, sigh* I have no idea what led me to the blow dryer?!Thank God I didn't vouch for a direct flame. Some years after that experience I was Googling how to lose weight - Yes, I Googled =P. And I came across an interesting article, I can't remember what it said exactly but it was around the lines that when you exercise your muscles relax and contract and thus burn fat, so when your body is exposed to very cold temperatures; your muscles relax and contract to regenerate body heat and thus you burn fat. I live in a tropical country so there is no winter for me to try this theory out for a few months, but that night I filled a large bucket with the coldest setting of water from the tap and I brought a bowl of ice cubes and added it to the water and then proceeded to bathe with it. I must say that that was the dumbest thing ever, it was so frickkin' cold!!! Yes, definitely not something I would try again. To this day, I still wonder what the hell made me continue after the first splash of water. I've also tried Nivea Q10 Plus...errr I think you're supposed to use it with exercise for proper results =S.
             But now I've discovered something beautiful?!?!?! Metabolic rate! Your metabolic rate is basically the rate at which your body uses up calories (energy) to perform all its bodily functions. So if you have a high metabolic rate, you're body will naturally use up calories which you take in and that in your body so you won't gain weight. So how to increase your metabolic rate? This made me sooo happy when I heard it; through eating certain foods... and well exercise [not so thrilled by that one]. Yea so eating certain foods helps increase your metabolism, foods such as;
  •  garlic
  •  green tea
  • milk [however milk is very fattening, if you want to lose weight stay away from dairy products, unless you're using skimmed milk and low fat stuff]
  • oatmeal [fiber diet lolz]
  • coffee
  •  water [you should always drink water btw, ALWAYS said Snape]
  •  fish such as: tuna, salmon and sardines
  • berries
  • apples [ apples require more calories to digest than they actually contain, and it's yummy]
  • Curry powder!
  •  beans
  • almonds and 
  • dark chocolate [This makes my day].

 But do keep in mind that this yummy delight is still chocolate so too much of it isn't as good for your heart as it should be.

Tumblr_luz3av0cae1r4p9nzo1_500_large

            Another way to increase your metabolism is by getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep, sleep deprivation slows down your metabolism. Also sleeping with the lights on can also lead to weight gain.
 Another interesting titbit of information is that the colours of your wall can affect your consumption patterns.Colours such as red, orange and yellow increase your appetite while blue suppresses it. So go ahead and paint your whole house blue lolz. Blue kitchen ware i.e. dishes, napkins etc. works just as well.
         Something that has a big misconception amongst young teenage girls is self starvation. For some reason people think that if they starve themselves i.e not eat food which is mainly seen through skipping meals, that they would be limiting the amount of energy they supply their body and hence their body would have no choice but to use up their fat reserves to produce energy thus resulting in weight loss. However this is not so, when you starve yourself, your body goes into panic mode as it's not getting any nutrients and food, so it tells it self, "There is a shortage of food, must save up on food", and thus your body tries to save it's fat stores instead and you don't lose weight. The weight never stays off, it comes back and sometimes twice as much. When you starve yourself you are decreasing your metabolism, so the best thing to do is eat but in moderate proportions.                                   
            The main maths to losing weight is to ensure that the calories you take in is less than the calories you burn. That's pretty much why the calorie count is printed on every food package lolz. So if you really want to lose weight you can start counting, but I'd rather live life day to day and well like I've told my friends, if I had one last day to live I would spend it eating everything I love [Cheesecake] because I wouldn't have to deal with the consequences after. 
             There really is no quick fix to losing weight, not even liposuction because it removes fat cells from a certain area for body contouring, not weight loss and if a proper diet and exercise isn't maintained it can lead to weight gain in untreated areas. So there is no way to lose weight in 1 day, it's an ongoing process and effort- It's a lifestyle.                             
      I don't promote the idea that people should diet and exercise to be rail thin, but diet and exercise because it's healthy  and even though I don't do it, you should. It's about loving your body and being happy and confident as who you are.

1 comment: